April 15, 2018
Welcome to the registration site for the STL Day on the Runway Plane Pull®! For the first time ever, the public is invited to spend the day on St. Louis Lambert International Airport’s airfield in support of Special Olympics Missouri athletes. Team Up and Pull Together! Bring the family and come join the fun at STL Day on the Runway! STL Day on the Runway is a project of the Law Enforcement Torch Run® for Special Olympics Missouri. Region 8 agencies are proud to host this event. Three activities will comprise STL Day on the Runway:
- 5K Race and Family Fun Walk: Registration for the 5K Race and Family Fun Walk is managed by Fleet Feet Sports. If you would like to participate in the 5K, please click here to register and to learn more about packet pick-up and other race details.
- Plane Pull® - Build a team with friends, family, co-workers and test your strength by pulling a FedEx Express® plane, estimated to weigh 275,000 lbs.! Each team can have between 15-25 people and participants must be at least 12 years old. Each team must raise a minimum of $1,500* by event day. Click Register, Form a Team or Join a Team above to regsiter for this event.
- Family Festival – Access to the festival is free, with Food Trucks selling some of your favorites throughout the day.
- Buffalo Wild Wings Kids Tow Truck Pull (ages 6 to 11)
- Jolly Jumps Bounce Houses
- Upper Limits Rock Climbing Wall
- Food Trucks: Russo's Trucktoria, Savor the Southwest, Destination Desserts, KONA Ice, and more
- Bocce and other games with Special Olympics Missouri athletes
- The Bubble Bus
- Knights of Columbus Clowns and Face Painting
- Entertainment by DJ Shiftee and Big Rain Band
- Static Displays
Parking & Transportation:
Parking is FREE and will be located at the following location(s) for general attendance. Transportation will be provided to and from parking lots beginning at 7:00 am and throughout the day.
- Boeing (5775 Campus Parkway / Hazelwood, MO 63402)
- bioMerieux (5690 Campus Parkway / Hazelwood, MO 63402)
- Plan to arrive at least one hour before participating in any planned activities
Since this event is taking place on an airport runway, persons and bags are subject to security check. The only animals allowed at STL Day on the Runway are service animals with proper documentation.
Smoking is allowed in designated areas only.
The following is NOT allowed on airport property:
- Outside food or drinks (unless for infants)
- Alcohol or alcohol consumption
- Weapons of any kind
- Coolers, wagons, bikes, skate boards, roller blades, hover boards, Segways, drones and
- Other items that fall into any of these categories
Support a Team or Individual Puller: Please click on the Donate button to support an individual puller, a team or to make a general contribution to support the event. You will be given the option of searching for the individual or team that you wish to support. There is also a link that allows you to make a gift that supports the event and our athletes in general.
General Information for All Plane Pullers:
Waivers: All team members are required to register online and to sign the online waiver. Pullers will also be required to sign a FedEx Express ® waiver in person. The waivers with live signatures can be secured by the team captain and turned in at registration. If someone is unable to sign up online, then they will be required to sign both waivers in person.
Registration Fee: Each team member is asked to pay a $25 registration fee, which applies to team and individual fundraising goals. Once registered, each individual will receive a unique link to share on social media and start raising money to reach their goals!
*Team Size and Pricing Structure: To have a successful pull, teams should be between 15 and 25 people. Teams registered on or before February 28 are required to raise a minimum of $1,250 by April 15. Teams registering March 1 or later are required to raise a minimum of $1,500 by April 15. Of course we hope you will set your team goal higher than the minimum. The more you raise, the more funds go to support Special Olympics Missouri athletes!
If you are a sponsor, partner or have any questions, please contact Stacey at (314) 961-7755 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for joining us for what promises to be a truly spectacular community event!
Special Olympics Missouri is excited to collaborate with FedEx for the STL Day on the Runway Plane Pull®.